Private Half Day Morning Elephant Care Sanctuary + Long-necked Village with free transfer to The Tiger Kingdom.
Highlights of the trip.
This trip is perfect for someone who wants to be close to the elephants, but does not have enough time to do a full day program. The activities include feeding, hugging, walking along side by side and bathing for you to develope a connection with the elephants. You will also have the opportunity to be in the village of the Long necked tribe who immigrated from Myanmar.
Elephant training 1. Elephant training 2.
Leaving from your hote to the Elephant care and Sanctuary in the morning, heading north of Chiang Mai to Mae Tang, which takes about an hour. Upon arrival at the camp, you will meet the chief elephant keeper who will brief you on basic elephant information and handling. After changing into provided clothing for you to use during the activity, you will be instructed on preparation of elephant food and supplements. Once the food is prepared, you will then meet the elephants and feed them. You will be given some information on approaching and befriending the gentle GIANTS. After getting some training in giving basic commands, you will walk along side by side to your elephants to the forest and take them for fresh grass in the field up the hill. When you reach the river, it is time for you to bath your elephants (be prepared to get wet!). After the elephant bathing , time to thank your elephants before saying good bye. On the way back stop at the Long Neck Village, see the incredible length of the ladies' neck and continue back to Chiang Mai city.
Optional : On the way back, you could choose to visit the Tiger Kingdom** where we could play with the tigers’ cubs or the big tigers. However all expenses for the tickets entrance fee would be your own expenses on spot which depends on the sizes of the tigers you prefer to, please.
__________________________________End of service_________________________________
The price : 3,500 THB/person (Private tour only. Minimum 2 persons.)
Pick up time : 8.00 am. At hotel lobby
Time Duration : Daily from 8:00 am. – 1.00 pm.
Tour type : Private tour only. ( Minimum 2 persons to start the trip)
Service provided by : Chiang Mai Tour Center only.
- Private transportation + An English speaking guide and driver. (Toyota Commuter van or similar with a/c )
- Elephant caring and Sanctuary experience for 2 hrs.
- Provided elephant keeper outfit for elephant activities
- Visit to Long-necked Village.
- Drinking water and refreshing towel.
- Excursion to the Tiger Kingdom.**
- Free Accident insurance during the trip.
The tour does not include.
- Hotel accommodation.
- Airline ticket.
- Ticket entrance fee for the Tiger Kingdom..
- Miscellaneous expenses during the trip.
What should you bring?
- Your own medication if needed.
- Insect repellent.
- Cap or hat.
- Flip flops.
- Spare underwear for changing.
- Swimming suit.
- Walking shoes.
November - February.
During the winter in Thailand, the temperature is between 5 - 12 degrees Celsius / 41 - 54 degrees Fahrenheit. You should come prepared with appropriate clothing. This is the best time for traveling in Thailand, due to the nice and cool weather. The landscape is covered with blooming flowers and lush vegetation which makes the bio diversity of birds and wildlife plentiful.
March - May.
This is summer time, the temperature is between 28 - 33 degree Celsius / 82 - 91 degrees Fahrenheit. The hottest time of the year is April, when temperatures can reach as high as 43 degree Celsius / 109 degrees Fahrenheit. Bring something light and thin to wear. Hat, sun glasses and sunscreen is recommended.
June - October.
This is the rainy season, the temperature is between 18 - 25 degree Celsius / 64 -77 degrees Fahrenheit. An umbrella or rain coat are recommended. Flip flops or thongs are the best shoes to wear during these months.
Why should you select Chiang Mai Tour Center as your service provider?
1. Our staff works with responsibility from their hearts. They are punctual, sincere, friendly and fun.
2. We have been serving tourists for the past twenty years with utmost dedication.
3. We treat you as our family member with love and care.
4. We have child friendly staff members working in our company.
5. Our pricing is reasonable and provides good value for your cost.
6. We are spontaneous and flexible in our programming.
7. We are promt in attending to the needs of our clients.